Saturday, January 1, 2011

Stuffed Roast Chicken In Red Wine Marinade


















To wrap up 2010 and to usher in 2011, we had a simple celebration at home . Time flies and here is 2011...and blogging through out the year 2010 had brought me many foodie friends from foodbuzz and many readers from all over the world , some of whom have become good friends . Strange ...how food can bring people from all over the world together. Blogging not only brings me new friends from all over the world but have have also helped me improve my cooking skills :)  I had so much fun blogging about the food I cooked and those food photography session was fun  . Being able to capture the food I cooked in picture form is happiness for me.

I believe 2011 will be fun filled too with many blogger meet ups  :)  My  first post for 2011 and I am going to share with you  the goodbye 2010 and hello 2011 dish  " Stuffed Chicken In Red Wine Marinade "




My first experience in deboning the chicken without having to damage the skin was fun and it took me about half an hour to complete the task.  

After having done that , I stuffed the chicken with some ingredients I found in the fridge that I know would be great for the chicken.....green apples, fresh cranberries, carrots, potatoes, fresh brown button mushrooms, onions, sausages and I added in some croutons to make up the bulk to fill up the chicken. But the most important thing in this roast chicken is not the stuffing so much but the red wine marinade .  Before stuffing the chicken, rub some rosemary garlic butter mixture on the under skin of the chicken for extra flavor.

The red wine marinade consists of bay leaves, red wine, red wine vinegar, olive oil, black pepper and garlic. After the chicken has been stuffed with the sauteed ingredients , I used bamboo skewers to seal the neck and bottom  part of the chicken. After which I marinate the chicken with the red wine marinade for an hour. Roast them in preheated oven at 200 C  for 1.5  hours until it is golden brown and cooked.  Make a salad to go with the roasted stuffed chicken .










I am glad I managed to get the chicken deboned
without having to damage the skin










the stuffing ingredients is versatile
you can use any ingredients you like....










after the stuffing, my chicken looked 
like a large turkey :)










instead of stiching up with thread
I used bamboo skewers instead
and marinate with the red wine marinade
for 1 hour before roasting it










after 1.5 hours in the oven
 the chicken  was ready for carving...



















love this aromatic and red wine
infused chicken....it really taste good
too with the many ingredients...I was lucky
enough to have found a packet of fresh cranberries
from Tesco..........



















this is my portion...wings and a drumstick....after this portion
I think I have to go vegetarian for the whole of next week :p



















salad is a welcome item when serving roast chicken
Jo made the olive ,garlic and 
balsamic vinaigrette for this salad...yummy !



A wonderful goodbye 2010 and hello 2011 dinner for us all




*         *         *




9 comments:

  1. Fabulous looking dinner! Juicy aromatic roast chicken with a healthy crisp salad!
    I've enjoyed reading your blog and drooling over your pics! Here's to more drools in 2011! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, what a way to start the end the year with plump and juicy stuffed chicken!! We will have roast chicken for dinner at least week because Carlos like it. Less cooking and clean up for me. Yea blogging brings us a lot of new friends locally and from all over the world. I am glad that I know you Elin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drool... What did I have? Porridge! Sobssss.....missus did not bother to cook anything special. This year, I'll spend Christmas and New Year in Ipoh. Hint! Hint! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you & your family,, Elin! What a hectic season huh! Time just flies so quickly and school going to reopen tomorrow. Another busy week! Not forgetting the Chinese New Year will be arriving in another one month time. :P More spending! Hope you're enjoying your evening.
    Cheers, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Btw, your roasted chicken looks absolutely marvellous! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks beautiful! Would definitely love to make it. I've always wanted to try making stuffed turkey but the thought of tons of leftovers puts me off. Plus turkeys are HUGE. This is a wonderful alternative and it sounds so delicious :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stuffed chicken looks absolutely good for the new year celebration. Happy New Year to you and all your piggy members!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks beautiful and delicious. Feel like having a bite now...Will definitely try this recipe. I love roas chicken =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynne...thanks for your support all these while and kiss Minh for me :)

    Gertrude....I am glad that we can become good friends through blogging and thank you so much for introducing me to foodbuzz and being my first Sifu in cooking and baking :) Can't wait to meet up with you. Your Christmas present is with me and I shall hand over to you when we meet up sometime this year :)


    Arthur.....okay , got it...make sure you give me a call to remind me of your arrival :)))

    Kristy....Happy New Year to you too and more droolings on your blog in 2011

    Sharon...thanks for dropping me a line here :) Yesss...this is definitely a great substitute for turkey :)

    Litle Inbox...Happy New Year to you too....another year has passed and I have known you for almost 2 years now though we have yet to meet up. Hope to meet you one day :)

    Dinewithleny....do try this...the marinade sauce is awesome and the stuffing is fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...