Thursday, March 26, 2009

Waldorf Salad



Browsing through Kevin's blog , I found this wonderful salad recipe . I knew I had to try it out..easy to prepare yet refreshing and yummilicious. I added 2 more items to his original recipe, grapefruit for I am a fan of grapefruit….sweet, sourish and the bitter after taste adds oomph to the salad and shredded cheddar cheese ….hmmm it was one good salad that I will want to make again and again :) The salad is full of vitamins and minerals goodness… and you also get the different tastebud at one mouthful…nutty from the roasted walnuts , sweetness from the cranberries and apple , crunchiness from the celery and sourness and bitterness from the grapefruit…well what do you think ? Of course it was good :))))

This salad goes well with the fried chicken we had for dinner. Excellent combo and the Piggies clan love it! I would like to thank Kevin for sharing such a wonderful salad recipe.

salad ingredients consist of
grapefuit, cranberries, apple, celery and roasted walnuts



Waldorf Salad  - taken from Closet Cooking

Ingredients:

1 apple (cored and chopped)
1 stalk celery (chopped)
1 handful dried raisins (or cranberries)
1 handful walnuts (toasted and chopped)
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon honey
salt and pepper to taste
lettuce

Directions:
1. Mix the apple, celery, cranberries and walnuts in a bowl.
2. Mix the mayonnaise, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper in a bowl.
3. Toss the salad with the dressing.
4. Serve on a bed of lettuce.


Enjoy!






6 comments:

  1. my mouth is now watering because of this salad. ohhhhh my gosh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..that's a very refreshing salad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, lot of ingredients. I love the "mix and match" technique. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love grapefruits!

    lots of ingredients=lots of dicing and cutting, aii, I'd rather consume them as they are and let them mingle inside my stomach.

    nonetheless, it is one refreshing salad, esp suitable for early spring days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pearl, Kitchen Corner , Little Inbox and Ingrid : Thanks for dropping by to drool at this most refreshing and well matched salad :)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovin' the fruits and nuts in this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...